Damaged Technology Cost Analysis
Damage caused by a disaster, whether natural or man made, can result in significant costs for Insurance Companies and Risk Managers.
RescueTech provides detailed analysis of all equipment involved in a disaster from what needs to be replaced to what can be salvaged and which items are unaffected. Many times, the true cost of replacement exceeds the cost of hardware, because additional costs have to be taken into consideration, such as, configuration, software, warranty, maintenance contracts, data recovery, etc. The “true” cost of replacing an item can far outweigh the list price.
RescueTech provides contents replacement valuation services for all types of technical equipment whether in a small residence or large corporate office. Our technical consultants deal with home theaters, server racks and rooms, data centers, computer labs and many other types of technology. Many times a vendor gives a quote for a complete system replacement when it may not be necessary.
Our goal is to find out the truth… We use a pricing database developed over the last 13 years to insure replacement prices for technology are accurate and current. Good research and a trained eye can be the difference between a claim costing $4000 rather than $50,000.
A technology replacement cost analysis includes:
- Photos of equipment involved in the loss
- A line by line detailed inventory including make, model, serial number
- Amount of equipment and conditions with notes and extras (such as batteries)
- Which items are damaged and which are not
- Current and accurate replacement pricing as of the report date
- Totals of all items to be replaced